I've been fishing the Cooper River this past summer with some great success.... caught fish up to 16 pounds but mostly around 6 to 8 pound fish. My goal is to catch one over 20 pounds next year... I know they are in the Delaware River and would like to find a spot to fish from the Camden area (Walt Whitman Bridge} and South of there to like Red Bank.... Does anyone know of any spots that can be accessed from the Jersey side? Does anyone know of any spots that can be fished on Timber Creek? I just started carping this past summer and am determined to join the 20+ pound club. thanks in advance for your help!

Posted Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Where on the cooper river? I've only caught 1 and I'm aching to catch some more

Posted Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Hey guys, I've been looking to join the 30+ pound club after catching a 20lb at Laurel Acres Park in Mt. Laurel. I've found some spots on the Big Timber, Rancocas, Schuylkill, and the main channel that are worth checking out. I don't like the cooper river or pennsauken creek because they are very narrow, and usually only hold 6-8 pounders, as mab1212 said. Anyway, here they are:

In New Jersey:

Big Timber Creek:
Green Acres Park, Runnemede, NJ
Brooklawn Community Park, Brooklawn, NJ
Westville Boro, Westville, NJ

Rancocas Creek:
Mill Dam Park, Mt. Holly, NJ
Buttonwood St., Delanco, NJ
Amico Island Park, Riverside, NJ

In Pennsylvania:

Delaware River:
Beachway Road, Croydon, PA
Neshaminy State Park, Bensalem, PA
Penn Treaty Park, Philadelphia, PA

Schuylkill River:
Fairmount Dam, Philadelphia, PA
Paine's Park, Philadelphia, PA
Below the Vine St. Expy, Philadelphia, PA

I've yet to fish in any of these places, but they all connect to the tidal delaware river so I'm gonna give them a try.

If anyone can add on, please do so.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:53 am

Planning on going out to Laurel Acres Park on Saturday or Sunday and see if we can't catch a few carp. Is chumming okay there? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:42 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links