Add to Favorites

NJ Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Dropshot Fishing for Bedding Bass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rawr215
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 194

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Dropshot Fishing for Bedding Bass Reply with quote

Being in the state of NJ, we are blessed to be able to catch bedding bass legally (unlike PA)! It could be the best time to find that little miss piggy (or rather big piggy) and have a chance to pluck one up for a nice photo.

However, I don't suggest doing it too often and also don't constantly trying to keep plucking the same fish out or fish for bedding bass in heavily fished areas.

Just a note, I only go out once or twice during spawning season to specific areas where I know bass have extremely good population, no one does tournaments there and no one normally would harvest fish out of those waters.

With all my disclaimers out of the way, my favorite way to catch spawning bass is the dropshot rig on heavier gear (normally I drop shot using finesse tackle). I use a texas rig type hook and rig a good size bait. In the video below you'll see that I am using the PowerTeam Lures JP Hammer Shad 4.8" and also the 4.5" Conviction Craw. Other succesful lures that I have used in the past is the Zoom Fluke or anything that looks like a fluke.

What is your favorite way to fish for bedding bass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QI2_V1uLs0
jimbuoy
Striped Bass Rank

Total Points: 1263

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed your video
rawr215
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 194

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbuoy wrote:
I enjoyed your video

Thanks Jim. I am done with this cold weather man.. but i hope everyone see what is coming end of next week lol.. Super good weather!!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NJ Fish Finder Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: