Sorry guys for the late posting. I went up w/ a bunch of folks including Leo Sheng from Extreme Philly Fishing to meet up with Zach Merchant and fished the banks of Round Valley for Trout. This was first week of December 2016. Word of mouth that even in January lakers should still be biting on shoreline, but the rainbows are probably no longer available. I will definitely be back up there this year fall for some shoreline trout fishing Smile

We caught 1 bass, several rainbows and 2 lakers that day on an extremely windy day (yes it was windy as heck, sorry for all the wind noise)

Enjoy the vid guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbb9kQsAGVs

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Nice video. I can't believe how low the water level is at RVR. Spruce Run has to be just a puddle. If you don't mind, what kind of bait were you guys using?

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 am

jimbuoy

Nice video. I can't believe how low the water level is at RVR. Spruce Run has to be just a puddle. If you don't mind, what kind of bait were you guys using?

Thanks Jim, i believe they are draining water to do some dam maintenance. Not repair, but bringing it up to standard. So it'll be low for quite some time

Spruce been dropping because we have a mild drought in the area for several years, so they have been using that water for that reason

Lastly, the two baits we were using were shiners and powerbait. Rainbows goes for the dough bait and everything else would hit the shiners.

Rig would be carolina rig, egg sinker from 1/4 to 1/2 oz and a swivel. 25-30 inches of FL leader line and a size 6 or 8 circle hook Smile

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your info. I always had good results using herring at both reservoiors.

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:32 am

no problem man, and yeah we use those too occasionally

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links