Been out a few times, and I'm only catching small bass.
Got a nice pikerel last week.
Today, I stop at a small pond. Lots of beds near the shoreline...I can see several 1 pounders and a few 1.5-2 pounders. They aren't eating anything. Two of the big ones are tilted sideways and running against each other...guess they are getting it on!! Very frustrated...I'd rather not see the fish when they aren't biting. Had 1 strike farther down, but no hookups today...I'll be back in a few weeks when they're done spawning

Posted Wed May 24, 2017 1:38 pm

that's interesting, bass are done spawning already in most spots in south jersey. with that said, most bass are post spawn. the spawners (bigger fishes) usually are deeper by steeper drop offs, but like these drop off near gradual contours towards shallow water. they will stage in the steeper water and come in to the shallow to feed and retreat back until they have recovered. Great example of this contour structure is an underwater point.

Smaller fishes you see on the shallows are usually non spawning bass and (too young).

hopefully you'll get some fish on soon. it's been tough for me as well.

Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Since last friday...it's been FISH ON!! Been catching 1 1/2 - 2 pounders everyday all week...yeah!!!

Posted Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:19 am

southjerseyangler

Since last friday...it's been FISH ON!! Been catching 1 1/2 - 2 pounders everyday all week...yeah!!!

Where are the pics? You know a picture says more that words. lol

Posted Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:12 pm

I will post them tomorrow or friday, been really busy

Posted Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links