Have you ever taken your family camping
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Just thought I tell you about a nice camping trip I took with my wife and children last month in July. We stayed in a cabin at Parvin state park. I had a hard time convincing the family to take this trip but after we got there I had a hard time convincing them to leave. For the money (45$) a night the cabin was quite nice. It had a shower, stove, refridgerator, fireplace, sink and a bathroom. The cabin loactions are right across from the lake so the view was very nice. The trails were all easy to walk (kids road there bikes) and even though it was July the trees made it feel very cool out. My cabin had a fishing dock right across the trail and I was able to sneek away and do some fishing at night time. No real fish worth mentioning but a caught a few. During the day after our morning walk the family headed to the lake for some swimming. The beach is well kept and since we stayed during the week (tue thru Fri) it was not crowded at all. The park offered the kids some activities such as nature arts and crafts. The children all enjoyed the activities. For the money this was a great trip and not to far from home. I would recommend this location to anyone looking to spend some quality time with the children. Sometimes its nice just to get away from the TV for a while and take a walk with your family.

Posted Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Camped there years ago and I have to agree with you... its an awesome place to camp... I used to use a tent... fished all day and sometimes at night... great time. Some huge carp in that lake as well as a good population of bass... But it does get high pressure from bass tournaments....

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:24 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links