Hit a new spot on Monday, did nothing, water temp was at 55 degrees. We need some sun up here in the north. Gave up and headed to my usual spot, picked up 5 on Senkos, all dinks....AGAIN, as i was loading the canoe i noticed a sign that the lake was stocked with bass, i guess that is where all the small ones are coming from. Hope to get out for a bit later today

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:34 am

Hey Chief , The Shallows n js Beyond are heating up . I've Only Got Some Slab I Mean Slaaaab Crappie ! But Dinks as far as Bass Go , Lost a Nice Smallie 2.5 range . Bass are starting to Spawn n Bed Fish is Tough , So if ur Not Seeing them Try around 5-6pm slow bouncing a jighead with a light color worm , Structure is Key too within 30 ft of it to right in it letting it sink is Go Weedless so No Hang Ups n Disrupts of Fish Holding to it . I know Your Not New to This Rodeo so don't take me the wrong way . But it might Produce More And Better Quality Bass .[/b]

Posted Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:54 pm

crewchief

Hit a new spot on Monday, did nothing, water temp was at 55 degrees. We need some sun up here in the north. Gave up and headed to my usual spot, picked up 5 on Senkos, all dinks....AGAIN, as i was loading the canoe i noticed a sign that the lake was stocked with bass, i guess that is where all the small ones are coming from. Hope to get out for a bit later today

As soon as the water temp. warms up, you'll be be catching the dink's big brothers & sisters. We just need some more sun and warmer temps. Good luck on your next outing.

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 pm

bassassin201

Hey Chief , The Shallows n js Beyond are heating up . I've Only Got Some Slab I Mean Slaaaab Crappie ! But Dinks as far as Bass Go , Lost a Nice Smallie 2.5 range . Bass are starting to Spawn n Bed Fish is Tough , So if ur Not Seeing them Try around 5-6pm slow bouncing a jighead with a light color worm , Structure is Key too within 30 ft of it to right in it letting it sink is Go Weedless so No Hang Ups n Disrupts of Fish Holding to it . I know Your Not New to This Rodeo so don't take me the wrong way . But it might Produce More And Better Quality Bass .[/b]

B, no worries, no offense taken, once you think you know it all, it's time to give up. Your right, i think they are finally starting to get on the beds, last two days have been better, got 4 today on Senkos, and they werent huge but respectable. But we just cant seem to get a steady water temp up here, was 66 or so yesterday and down to 62 today. Got them all shallow in open holes in the heavy weeds.

Posted Mon May 01, 2017 1:57 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links