Tried to get some crappies at Manasquan Reservoir, but it was pretty slow. Picked up a few bass and sunnies w/ my buddy while kayak fishing. It was windy but I think i have found where the smallies were at but we couldn't hold (i mean i could had w/ my hobie but it would suck for my buddy, so we left to another spot). Word of mouth at the ramp that the crappies were south west w/ the timbers, but not exactly in the timbers. staging at the drop off area before you hit the standing timbers.

Enjoy the vid!

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 am

rawr215

Tried to get some crappies at Manasquan Reservoir, but it was pretty slow. Picked up a few bass and sunnies w/ my buddy while kayak fishing. It was windy but I think i have found where the smallies were at but we couldn't hold (i mean i could had w/ my hobie but it would suck for my buddy, so we left to another spot). Word of mouth at the ramp that the crappies were south west w/ the timbers, but not exactly in the timbers. staging at the drop off area before you hit the standing timbers.

Enjoy the vid!

I see that you were bundled up to keep warm, but weren't your feet cold???

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:49 pm

jimbuoy

I see that you were bundled up to keep warm, but weren't your feet cold???

Yes it was cold haha, but it got better. as long as i keep the core body warm i'll be good to go Wink

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm just the opposite. If my feet get cold I'm done. lol

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 pm

jimbuoy

I'm just the opposite. If my feet get cold I'm done. lol

LOL it was 55 degrees for surface water and 60s for air temp. spring is here! probably wouldn't last if it was the ocean. i see people still wearing wet/dry suits catching them large blues and stripers!

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links