Hey guys,

With lure companies out there, it almost seems like the lure companies are successful at catching money from anglers and less anglers are catching fish.

I have been looking in my garage and i have noticed i spent a bit too much money the past few years on lures that I haven't even touched and I look at my current kayak crate and realized why this is happening.

It appears that I have dropped most of the expensive lures for cheaper and more effective lures. You just can't beat the plain jig head and a the plain grubtail combo. nope you just can't! See for yourself!

1/16th oz Jig and 2 inch grubtails will catch em all! (use bigger ones if you want to attract bigger fish. try matching the hatch!)

https://youtu.be/HJIBaBBTdfA

Posted Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 am

rawr215

Hey guys,

With lure companies out there, it almost seems like the lure companies are successful at catching money from anglers and less anglers are catching fish.

I have been looking in my garage and i have noticed i spent a bit too much money the past few years on lures that I haven't even touched and I look at my current kayak crate and realized why this is happening.

It appears that I have dropped most of the expensive lures for cheaper and more effective lures. You just can't beat the plain jig head and a the plain grubtail combo. nope you just can't! See for yourself!

1/16th oz Jig and 2 inch grubtails will catch em all! (use bigger ones if you want to attract bigger fish. try matching the hatch!)

https://youtu.be/HJIBaBBTdfA

I agree with your findings. I'm mainly a fresh/live bait angler, but my back up are the soft baits. Both work great and catch every thing, like you stated. I do have some hard lures, but Over the years, I've reduced the numbers to just the lures that worked better then the others. The poor performers were sold at local flea markets and yard sales, which put money back in my pocket for new rods, reels, line etc.

Posted Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:07 am

i spoke too soon. just bought a glide bait rod/reel combo and some glide baits HAHA that's money there >_<

Posted Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 am

Yea, cant argue that, i probably have over 300 dollars worth of lures in my box, and i only use 3 or 4 on a regular basis. My hottest lures for where i fish are Senkos in black with blue flake, Booyaa pad crasher frog, and Cordell Big-O crankbaits. In the last 2 seasons, i have caught over 400 bass on those three lures.
I'm sure most of my lures would catch a fish now and then under the right conditions, but those are my 3 go to baits. I often find myself just carrying those and leaving the box at home to give me more room in the canoe.
But it's still fun to go to Cabelas with a pocket full of cash and buy more stuff...............LOL

Posted Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am

crewchief

Yea, cant argue that, i probably have over 300 dollars worth of lures in my box, and i only use 3 or 4 on a regular basis. My hottest lures for where i fish are Senkos in black with blue flake, Booyaa pad crasher frog, and Cordell Big-O crankbaits. In the last 2 seasons, i have caught over 400 bass on those three lures.
I'm sure most of my lures would catch a fish now and then under the right conditions, but those are my 3 go to baits. I often find myself just carrying those and leaving the box at home to give me more room in the canoe.
But it's still fun to go to Cabelas with a pocket full of cash and buy more stuff...............LOL

no matter how old we are, when we hit a store with fishing gears.. we are kids again Smile fishing stores are like toys r us xD

Posted Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links