Cover water can't be any easier with a Square Bill. the flat lip bounces off everything just about. I throw these guys in 20 lb leader. thicker line allows water resistance, diving shallower and keeping it higher in teh water column. it also prevent fast dives and cracking ur bill.

Good luck! enjoy vid

Posted Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:54 am

Rawr, great vid as always, do you happen to know what your water temp was that day. Been very cold up here in the north, but hoping for a few more trips. It was 19 here last night, so not sure if they're still biting or not. Was out last Monday and water temp was down to 53 already.

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:58 am

The video was during halloween weekend and it was 54 degrees surface during the morning when i was kayak fishing and before i have gotten on the boat.

yeah the cold weather rolling through.. so i think i'll have to switch over to some pickerel fishing soon

Posted Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:11 pm

i got out yesterday for a few , water temp was 43, fish on sonar everywhere, but not a single taker, i am assuming everything on sonar was crappies. Out in open water. Oh well, i guess i am done for the season, dont really care to fish in the cold, thats hunting weather.Might do a little ice fishing, but no definite plans. See you all in the spring !!!!

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

it could be crappies but change it up, i threw the square bill yesterday and it didn't do anything.. i went to the rattle trap with a yo yo method and caught so many fish including some 3-4 lb fish! pickerels and bass mixed in!
Don't give up! they will still feed until closer to low 40s. this is the time when they gorge

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:40 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links