Hey everyone. I love to carp fish. The only problem I have is that I can't seem to find a place with decent size carp. I live in cherry hill, and any lakes I find have carp, but I can never seem to catch one more then 5-10 lbs. I see people pull monsters out on the deleware. I know it is a good place to fish, I just don't know any place that is easily accessable or not right on the main river. I tried fishing the main river once for 7 hours, not even a bite. If anyone could tell me an EXACT location for a place with big carp within about 10 miles, or provide a link on google maps. I don't have a boat, so please make it shore accessable. I usually fish at laurel acres pond, but I'm moving on to bigger and better things now. Any help would be AMAZINGLY appreciated! Very Happy Smile Very Happy

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Sorry buddy, I can't help you. I live in northwest central Jersey Sad

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Smithville Lake has some big ones, my dad caught a 18# carp there and i hear there are bigger. The only problem with Smithville is you have to fish off a dock and there are a lot of lily pads as you can see in my pictures. So you will not be casting far. I have also heard there are big carp off the feeder streams entering the Delaware such as the Pennsauken Creek, Cooper River, the Big Timber. I myself have been looking to catch a carp 20+ pounds this year but have had little time to fish. To catch big fish and get a couple of bits in the river you are going to have to CHUM(bait up a spot) for a couple of days or at least throw out some corn the day before. Funny thing is i am doing the opposite of what you are doing i am starting to fish Laurel acres pond because its closer to me(Live in Voorhees) and i have a better chance to get a bite in the short period of time. I am planning on going out to Smithville this Saturday 22th spend the day out there hope to get lucky lol.

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:05 am

161 Sinnickson Landing Rd
Salem, NJ 08079
39.565458, -75.506141
That is a nearest address to great carp fishing site - first you need to refer deliver river tides - its tidal waters , that is where i fish . Come at water low - prepare stuff as long as water tide in - you may start fishing. do not leave rods unattended . Corn as bait oatmeal as chum. in spring great action of white perch . do not use warms - little catfish will kill you . BE AWARE of TIC'S !!!! - use protection - i'm not kidding !! especially at spring and summer.

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks for the detailed Carp fishing info for south Jersey. Unfortunately I’m way up in central west Jersey, but I’m sure there are other anglers from that area that can put this info to good use. Thanks for the info.

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Central - you can go Sprus Run Reservoir - i have fished there - at first parking lot at the end of stretch, ore you may go further about 109 Van Syckles RdHampton, NJ. 08827 . 40.657501, -74.952705 walk trough to the water and at the end bare left...to 40.651776, -74.948835

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:35 am

Really! - I never knew this. I've fished there many times form shore, boat and thu the ice, but never caught a carp. You're the first guy to tell me that they caught carp at Spruce Run. I've only caught trout, bass, hybrid strippers, perch, catfish and sunfish. I'll have to give it a try.
Thanks again for sharing the info!

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:40 pm

COOPER RIVER.... BIG TIMBER CREEK---- DELAWARE RIVER---RANCOCAS CREEK.....Woodbury Creek system--- all of these have strong carp populations with some monster carp in them. Audubon Lake has some monsters as well if you dont want to fish a river....check these out on google maps and find a spot - the above info on baitiing will increase your chances tremendously.

Posted Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:12 pm

I caught this one at the Laurel Acres park this weekend. I got a couple of pulls but this was the only fish of the day. But i might have to try Audubon Lake its not to far from my house and i really want that 20+ fish.

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 am

I want to fish Salem river for carp. I'm not familiar what place on that river is good to fish for carp. Can anybody give me direction where to go park the car and where exactly fish. I will gladly appreciated for that direction.

Posted Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Thanks for posting the spot in Salem... just wondering... what size carp have you caught there? Looking for the big ones... over 20 pounds... thanks in advance...

Posted Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:00 pm

i dont fish there to far for me.. so i dont mind give up precise location

Posted Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:05 pm

lizardman529

Hey everyone. I love to carp fish. The only problem I have is that I can't seem to find a place with decent size carp. I live in cherry hill, and any lakes I find have carp, but I can never seem to catch one more then 5-10 lbs... Any help would be AMAZINGLY appreciated! Very Happy Smile Very Happy

Heritage Lake in Atlantic County has Grass Carp, originally put there to control, well, grass. Per a recent conversation with a Public Works employee, at one time there was an over abundance of this grass and a problem with an odor from decay so, Carp were placed in the Pond. That solved the problem alright yet, depleted ALL of the grass! This in turn created an oxygenation problem that the pond continues to have to this day. Even with electricution techniques to remove the Carp, some Carp remained.

Through motivation to experience one of the best freshwater fighting fish available in these parts, and after getting some favorite recipes to catch these elusive fish, I recently caught two of these beasts out of this pond...but these 10+ pounders didn't put up a fight whatsoever! They were just dead weight with an occasional swipe of there tail to avoid getting beached. I also caught nothing but catfish with the corn recipes but succeeded with a surprise bait:

Posted Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links