Amazing day, first time ice fishing and caught nothing LOL.. but Everyone else seems to be catching! Zach Merchant have shown me the ropes and now i am hooked! Will go back soon to try again but here's all the fish that other people caught. Zach caught a 31 incher Northern Pike while Leo caught his first ever Northern pike, making it his 150th unique specie.
https://youtu.be/aiUkxBrKSY4

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 am

Great ice fishing video. Winter fishing is a fun way to get outside, as long as you can survie the cold. If I'm ever going to go ice fishing again, I'll have to get one of those ice fishing shelters. By the way where was there ice in central jersey to fish????? I'm in Somerset county and if we had any ice it was way too thin to go out on.

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 am

thanks man, there were ice in many places but only this place was about 4 inches, thus all the cracking. I would share the spot but my buddies might be upset since it's his fishing hole lol.. january is coming and there will b plenty of more places in Nj that will be iced up

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:46 am

Don't give up your honey hole. I just didn't think NJ had thick enough ice to safely fish on. Tell Leo congrats on his 150 species catch.

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 am

no problem, once leo post his video, u'll know where it is at. They just didn't want too many ppl flocking to them as they "try to make a living" off youtube.

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 pm

going to give it a shot this year myself, just cant stand sitting around the house all winter. Hopefully will have some safe ice by this weekend, but i am already chomping at the bit for springtime. Had such a good season last year and also have a new spot i want to try this upcoming season. Rawr, just be safe out there. NJ ice can be pretty spotty. Make sure you have a set of picks around your neck.

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 am

I'm with you chief. If the ice gets thick enough. I just might dust off my old ice fishing gear and give it a try. I just don't trust the ice in NJ, because we don't get the long cold spells like we used to. Any way be smart and safe if you venture out onto the ice this year.

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links