noticed a few lakes on the map near the beach in asbury. Just wondering if anyone has fished them or are they private? We are going up there for a kidsfest and to meet dennis and judi from the 101.5 radio show. I know Dennis is a surf fisherman. There are a few lakes in lakewood off of rt.88, Lake shenandoah and across the street in a park, there are 3 small lakes/ponds - we are going to fish those on the way home - so it's hoping to be a great fishing day too. Thanks in advance

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:50 pm

sorry buddy, but I can't help ya. I haven't fished there and don't know the area. Dennis will probablly be able to help.

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:30 am

We went up there friday and got to meet Dennis and Judi - they were awesome and the kidfest thing was cool. We won lakewood blueclaw tickets for tomorrow, so even though it's an hour drive - we are going - and there's a few lakes in lakewood and on rt.70 and rt.9 that we want to try and fish, at least a few of them on the way up there!
Anyway, i did ask Dennis about fishing that lake, and he didn't know it was there and he justs surf fishes most of the time, so we got to fish from sunset park lake, for 30 minutes. What an awesome lake, it divides into 2 sections and it has 3 small islands and some nice canals to fish. Shore fishing only and it's 100% open spaced - no weeds or trees in the way. We didn't catch anything, but if we lived closer, we'd be here alot. It's 1 minute from Deal lake on rt.71

Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:10 am

Yeah, your are right. Dennis is a surf guy and loves the bluefish. I should have remembered that bit of info.

Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links