So I have been seeing people upgrade their reels to ceramic hybrid bearings and they spin forever on zero brakes. With that said, I went ahead and ordered a 30 dollar kit to see if upgrading a 50 dollar reel would make it an awesome reel.

Check out my vlog that will show you how to replace a typical baitcaster reel with ceramic bearings and you'll also see my before/after discussion.

Have you upgraded your reels before? Did it perform better?

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Great video and you taught me something new too. I had no idea that there were hybrid bearing for reels.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 am

jimbuoy

Great video and you taught me something new too. I had no idea that there were hybrid bearing for reels.

oh there are! check out their website, if you wanna change yours i have the pliers! take a few minutes to change, we can do it and fish Razz

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 pm

rawr215

jimbuoy

oh there are! check out their website, if you wanna change yours i have the pliers! take a few minutes to change, we can do it and fish Razz

I just might take you up on the offer, but you said fish. Everytime I attempt to get out to fish it rains, its to cold, I have stuff to do, people visit, etc. lol

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am

LOL well if it does end up raining then so fish in the rain Razz i'll just put the camera away Wink

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links