Got out 3 times this last stretch off, ended up with 34 total, all fish caught on crank bait. On a sour note, lost my best bait caster over the side Tuesday morning, went back yesterday with a grappling hook, but couldn't find the damn thing, plus the fact that it was so hot you can barely breath, gave up after an hour of dragging the bottom.

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:06 am

crewchief

Got out 3 times this last stretch off, ended up with 34 total, all fish caught on crank bait. On a sour note, lost my best bait caster over the side Tuesday morning, went back yesterday with a grappling hook, but couldn't find the damn thing, plus the fact that it was so hot you can barely breath, gave up after an hour of dragging the bottom.

Sorry to hear about your rig. I have had better luck with grappling hook and strong magnet follower set up. I've gotten back many rigs, traps and other stuff over the years. It really works. At least you had a great day fishing.

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:58 am

I'll try that next time I'm out there, thanks JB

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am

Have the magnet follow apx a foot and a half behind the grappling hook.
By doing this it keeps everything down along the bottom to drag.
Good luck.

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm

some days are better than others, i went out on the super hot day at 5 am and ended it at 11 am sweaty with only small fish willing to bite. good job man!

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links