Been getting out a few days a week, and picking up 2 or 3 here and there. Damn water temp is still in the mid 60's, but the sizes are getting better, a lot close to the 2lb mark. I am getting tons of hits on dragging a frog over the mats but unfortunately very few hook ups as they are getting a mouthfull of weed along with the frog, as soon as i put pressure on them they are just letting go. But glad for the action, sooner or later when the weeds die off a bit i should start hooking up more often.

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:35 am

crewchief

Been getting out a few days a week, and picking up 2 or 3 here and there. Damn water temp is still in the mid 60's, but the sizes are getting better, a lot close to the 2lb mark. I am getting tons of hits on dragging a frog over the mats but unfortunately very few hook ups as they are getting a mouthfull of weed along with the frog, as soon as i put pressure on them they are just letting go. But glad for the action, sooner or later when the weeds die off a bit i should start hooking up more often.

Still a nice catch! I got out twice this year and got skunked both times. Once in freshwater and once in saltwater. I might try crabbing in July.

Posted Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 am

I'm heading down to IBSP in 2 weeks , try out the surf. I hear they are getting a lot of blues.......We'll see.

Posted Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:41 am

Good Luck!
I heard there were big blues in Keansburg about two weeks ago, but as I stated before, I got skunked. I guess thats why they call it fishing. haha

Posted Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:24 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links