ACTION ALERT: TELL THE GOVERNOR TO REOPEN STATE AND COUNTY PARKS

As you have undoubtedly heard, the Governor has now closed state and county parks and forests to the public due to COVID-19 - and, with it access to the hundreds of thousands of trout that were stocked in the state's waterways for the upcoming trout season opener.

Let us be clear - we have stood behind the Governor on the issue of social distancing because we believe it is time to come together as a nation. We have, as a community, made many sacrifices willingly - from bars to restaurants to small businesses - but cannot sit by and allow the closure of key spaces which are the last outlet for many people to maintain a healthful lifestyle.

This latest action, however, we cannot support. We are now calling on all NJ Sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts to call the Governor's office and respectfully request that he rethink this overreaching action.

We can make the administration see reason, but ONLY if we get your help. We need to be LOUD.
CONTACT THE GOVERNOR AND REQUEST THE REOPENING OF STATE PARKS
HOW TO HELP PASS THE BEAVER BILL

GOVERNOR MURPHY NEEDS TO HEAR FROM YOU - AND ANYONE ELSE YOU KNOW SHOULD ALSO CONTACT HIM.

The Governor's Office can be contacted here: https://nj.gov/governor/contact/

You can also call the Governor's office at: 609-292-6000

When submitting comment about our proposal to reopen parks with better signage and more aggressive enforcement, we should identify ourselves and the organizations we belong to, NJSFSC or NJOA, or identify both.

Remain calm and respectful, but be firm in the regard that this was an overreach and poor decision that should be rectified quickly.

Talking Points To Cover
Outdoor sports are the best activities that can be pursued by people while practicing social distancing
It is unlikely, not to mention unfair, to expect New Jersey citizens to stay in their homes without any outdoor activity for 6-12 weeks.
Outdoor activity is a key component of maintaining morale at a time when our state desperately needs to keep our spirits up
Outdoor activity is also key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and both physical AND mental health suring this crisis
From a conservation standpoint, hundreds of thousands of trout have been stocked on these waterways, which are now unable to be
The wanton waste of these trout is concerning, as they will not survive warmer months and will be subject to avian predation when they could be an important local source of food for New Jersey sportsmen and their families.
Our goal is to drive as many sportsmen to comment and urge Governor Murphy to reopen these parks as soon as possible.

Once this proposal receives, we hope, over 1,000 comments to Governor Murphy, he will come to understand the importance of outdoor activity during these unprecedented times, and rethink this executive overreach.

Can we count on your support?

For The Woods And Water We ALL Love,

Your New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Team

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:03 am

One step ahead of you JB, my wife works for a state senator, have already made my views known to him to pass along to our state office. Luckily, the few places i fish are still open. Was out there on Tuesday and only one other boat on the lake.

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:56 am

Great!
I too only have a few spots available. This closure is just plain stupidity and a total lack of common sense.

I agree that closing areas like playgrounds, basketball courts or other areas like these, where people closely gather and come in contact with each other is the correct thing to do, but to close mother nature, fresh air and force people to stay confined indoors is just plain lunacy.

Ferret Face Murphy’s policies have drastically hurt the state of New Jersey and its citizens! Maybe instead of wasting our extremely high tax money on his stupid feel good political agendas, he should have been planning and spending the tax money properly on the real New Jersey issues and not fake “please vote for me” campaign issues.

Sorry for the rant, but its long overdue for him to GO! “Stupid is as Stupid does”

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:38 am

No apologies necessary JB, you just said what we are all thinking. He's a moron, i wonder though, why he isnt cracking down on whats been going on up in Lakewood?Need i say more?

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links