Opening Day of NJ Trout

I took a drive to get out of the house, give the dog something new to do and to mainly check out my trout spots.
The water was just too fast & high for my legs to feel comfortable fishing in. I attempted to fish from the banks with my small ultra-lite, but there were no open areas to be found without getting tangled & snagged up.

The few anglers that I did see were spread out well beyond 15 feet apart easily. I should have taken a few photos to send to Murphy, to show that NJ anglers are educated, know how to survive, don’t panic and only exaggerate about the size of their fish!

I didn’t see anyone catch any fish, but a lot of casting & reeling. It was GREAT to be out in the fresh air with Mother Nature!

Stay safe & we all will get through this!

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Good to hear you at least got out and breathed some fresh air. I snuck out for bass on Tuesday, yea..right. Water temp back down to 50, air temp was even less. GOD I HATE GLOBAL WARMING. I think they also cancelled spring this year, we're going to wake up one day and it will be 90 out. As for the trouters, i travel along the Pequest and the Musky, and pretty much saw the same thing, not much in the way of crowds. Two weeks ago when they opened the early C & R season, was a different story though, Side of Rt 46 looked like a parking lot in places.

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:26 pm

With the lack of action on this site, it should be called the JB/CHIEF Finder. We're like two old farts who just refuse to give up.......good for us!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Chief, you made me laugh my ass off after reading your post! The proper status order should be the Chief/JB Finder, since you get out a lot more than me.

While typing my reply back to you, I realized that we’re set in our ways of messaging and humor, so maybe the youngers don’t understand us old fork. lol or should I say "Pang-Wangle"

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:39 pm

Truer words were never spoken. Here's to the AARP crowd

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links