I took a look at google search trends and it looks like this summer had the most searches for fishing since 2004. I've also been seeing quite a few posts from people who have recently gotten back in to fishing after stopping years ago and many from people fishing for the first time.

What is your experience? Are you fishing more? Are you noticing more people out fishing? Do you think this is good for the sport in the long run?

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:35 am

For myself, nothing really changed, i still had to go to work, and with my wife having open heart surgery in Feb, i was also out shopping , etc. So if anything, i fished a little less in the beginning, now that she is pretty much back to normal, i am also, back to fishing 80 + days a year.
I definitely have noticed an increase in the amount of people fishing this year. I go every Sunday morning and i used to be the only one out there until 9-10 in the morning now, there are twice as many fisherman out there earlier.
As far as whether i think it is good for the sport, i have to say yes and no. Good to see more people doing it, especially the younger ones, but i am also seeing noticeably more trash left around too.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 am

I haven't been out much this year, due to weather and too many house & farm chores.
In the beginning of COVID there were more people fishing, then with the parks were closed and it dropped off. I now see a lot of young kids on their bicycles & atvs go by with their fishing rods to fish the small brook near me. So, I guess its picking back up. Luckily we don't have the trash problem.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm

The trash has always been disappointing to me. You're in beautiful nature, just pick up your coffee cups, worm containers, tangled line and now the masks.

I wonder if this increase in fishing will hold even after this whole COVID situation is over.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:48 pm

I think that things will level out after schools & businesses get back to normal. Plus, we’ll now have less available income due to the newly imposed state taxes by commissar Murphy. If NJ politicians weren’t so corrupt, paid, they own taxes and lived within their means the residents wouldn’t be constantly raped by them. Just saying. Sorry for the rant, but NJ needs totally new leadership.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:41 am

Just New Jersey???????????????

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:11 am

Valid point, but I didn't want to rant for other states that I don't live in. But yes to all of them.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:15 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links