went fishing today in two different locations and was pestered by yellow jackets. I never had this happen to me in many years of fishing. They seemed to like the fish scent and worms. What a drag. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:35 pm

I've seen flies, mosquitoes, spiders and snakes, but never yellow jackets. I think you might have picked a location where they had a nearby nest or they liked your aftershave. The main question is, did you catch anything?

Posted Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:13 am

i would have thought that but the areas were 5 miles apart. Vincentown and Bartons run if you know them places. They were on the towel I use to wipe, the handle of my fishing pole, my bag. Very aggravating. By the way thanks for the reply. Yes I did catch a half dozen blue gills and a couple baby large mouth bass.

Tight lines

Lou

Posted Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Any fish on your line is a good good time and memories for old age. At least that what my father always told me.
It sounds like you had something on your towel (Fabric softener?) that attracted them and then everything you touched with your hands afterwards sprerad the sent.

If you can take some pics of your catch, we would love to see them.. The mpics don't have to be monsters or record breakers.

Good luck on your next outing and hopefully the yellow jackets will leave you along.

Posted Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:31 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links