Anyone ever fish there?...Im heading there on Sunday For a few days. Theres Smallies & walleyes in abundance and large mouths, ..im not sure if its pike or musky that are in there too...but does it matter?..lol Last year I didnt catch a damn thing, it was in the triple digits, during the heatwave i went there through..Im hoping this year will be different...if Walenpaupak doesnt give up her fish, Im not worried...I destroyed the surounding lakes and ponds last year.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:55 am

Never been there but good luck can't wait to see some pictures

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 am

Good luck glutt! I have heard of people getting skunked there like its cool. Throw finesse!

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 am

First night out...my g/f catches a 5 lb L/M and an almost 2lb perch, I get skunked, I threw everything I had, 6 rods and everything in my 3 tackle bags, not even a bite..my phone dies while im taking a pic of her bass, I got the perch though...next night black zara gets inhaled by a musky in the 20lb range this thing was massive, but it broke free...im still not over it, If i had thrown a 9 inch worm 7/0 hook, It would have been in pictures. I have never caught musky b4. I end up catching a 5 lb bass and neither of us has a phone on us. I watched the smallies torpedo up and break surface and not touch a single thing...most of the fishermen I spoke to agree there is to much traffic on the lake in summer...making it difficult to fish during the day. The rest of the trip yielded good fish but I never caught what I went foor..I did nail a huge trout though.....Of all things ultra light tackle and small rooster tails gave me the panfish experience of a lifetime on Walenpaupak...every other lake I fished was like shooting fish in a barrel...I nailed a 3 lb large mouth on my bird lure...this thing is insane.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:52 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links