Shame on me .. I had another Mac truck n lost her on the pick up . I have now added a net to my arsenal of gear . lol I have lost too many fish at my feet , yea it's one more thing I got hump around, but I can't let it happen again .. ALSO if ur gona use a CRANKBAIT , it is 10 times safer if u hav a Net n don't forget PLIERS also ..

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:38 am

Get a small trout hand net, they are pretty compact and light weight. I hate to say this but get something half way decent, I cant stand to see pictures with cheap cruddy nets in hand. I have seen some nice wooden ones....bass pro shops.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 am

Stop complaining, at least you had the monster fish on your line for a while and enjoyed the fight before she said good bye. lol Soon or later you'll get it right and land your monster fish.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am

Laughing Thanks Buoy , I guess ur right . I do have an old metal one Glutt but its not as bad as u think plus its light . The wood ones are beautiful but a lil heavy for what I am trying to accomplish , that being having some energy to fish after I lug all that stuff there ..lol

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Im sure metal will work just fine, I worry to much about style I guess when I fish.. theres just something about wooden hand nets imho

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 am

glutt, you ever fish lake audrey??? you definitely need a net for that lake....

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 am

No I have not fished lake Audrey & I rarely use a net. 20# test allows me this luxury...I fish Deal and HCP both man made lakes that have a wall, granted one is a low wall the other is pretty high. My point is that my fellow fisherman with lighter lines must lip or net their catch in order to avoid line snaps..while I can just pull ,yank or reel them up, I have reeled fish vertically off a bridge at least 25 feet,even when I fish off a boat Im just used to not having one so I forget its on deck . I do own a cheap hand net and bigger net.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 pm

glutt, what do you use braid for??

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:01 am

just about every application...I dont know about where you are but by me the waters in all the ponds and small lakes I fish turn to muck. I use other lines Im just partial to braid...

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 am

i have that issue in some ponds by me, either they are treated or they get runoff. but i have used braid for jigging and frogging but, its not the best option for the most of the lakes i fish. to each his own. i got a buddy that uses braid up here for his all around fishing and i know he has struggled to catch in some of our clear to cloudy waters. this is the point though...the line you use is as important as the lure you throw when it comes to water clarity. i know you are aware glutt... but we fish what we know and what works for us.

FISH ON!

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 am

I completlely agree to each his own... I get a lot of critisism over line choices..I know people who go out with 60lb braid to fish a farm pond( overkill imo) but who am I to judge? Ialso know walmart fisherman who buy all their gear including line at the cheapest prices and quality, every body of water has its own requirements, I use a flouro leader of various lengths depending on the water clarity when I use braid but its not imperative to do so.

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 am

my buddy is exactly like that.. and got me off braid. he also goes back on at least half the stuff he says. i call him out regularly. haha.

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links