Fishing being my #1 hobby consumes a huge portion of my time. Im not much of an ice fisherman so for the 3 months of winter I spend my time with my second hobby. Breeding snakes and reptiles. Which brings me to this point.
For sale 2012 Ghost corns het. stripe/specter I have a late clutch of eggs and the babies have all had 4 plus meals and are on their 3rd shed. they hatched in mid august are taking f/t and are coloring up sweetly. They are great begginer snakes and the color possibilities with this morph are endless. Im asking $75 a piece plus shipping. or we can arrange pick up or delivery.[img]
[/img]

Posted Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 pm

How would you ship them?

Posted Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:41 pm

They are overnighted to your door with signature required. The shipping runs roughly about $50. I will only ship monday through wed., being that too many issues occur over weekend transits and its not worth the life of the animal. They come separated in individually marked containers displaying sex and hatch date along with het. info. in an insulated box. Its also the responsability of the buyer to have all standard permits and follow the laws regarding reptiles in their area.

Posted Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass

Posted Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey Ed , that's pretty cool . I can appreciate that Mon thru Wed only , shows u care bout those lil guys . Also they are very cool snakes , not aggressive , very sociable n kid friendly .. Very cool !

Posted Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Your statement DOES NOT surprise me Jim. lmao
Thanks Bassassasin. I love my snake collection as much as a person would love their dogs...The snakes for sale are about as calm as a house cat..sleeping most of their life away and dont get very big...
I have other snakes that could eat a small fisherman lmfao...some snakes fish better than most people I know. Its sad that in this day and age of information that people still are afraid of what they dont understand or choose not to understand.
For future reference...There are NO poisonous snakes in NJ....I dont care what the reports say and where they have been found...They do not breed or live here...so anyone who says they have seen a poisonous snake is full of crap...take it from a 15 year herpotologist (suvivor of a moccasin bite) & field collector..

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey its great what you do with snakes, but I just don't like them.

Check out this video of a huge dead snake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8BmOQqukRY

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:43 pm

This little copperhead showed up on my patio this spring when I was still living in the St Louis area.

Some friends of ours encountered several pretty damn big rattlers on their farm out there.

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 am

Ed , I'm sure you lyao. lol, but I'm still with Bill Dance on this one. You can call me a sissy on this one. lol

http://www.fishingpixels.com/bill6.html

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 am

I love Bill Dance, but he is a wuss. Considering the variety of snakes found where he fishes and is from.

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 pm

No offense Ed , but ur misleading alot of people into a false sense of comfort . I have seen copperheads up in Ramapo Reservation personally . PEOPLE SHOULD BE AWARE AND ALERT when out in the Woods or Fishing , BELIEVE IT . If u do see a poisonous snake DO NOT KILL IT OR ATTEMPT TO CATCH OR APPROACH IT . CALL THE POLICE they will dispatch the proper authority to HANDLE it .

Poisonous Snakes: Northern Copperhead and the Timber Rattlesnake

Copperhead Agkistrodon contortrix (24-36", up to 53")
The copperhead is a venomous snake with a broad triangular head, vertically elliptical pupils and a heat sensitive pit between each eye and nostril. The body is pinkish to grayish brown with brown or reddish-brown crossbands that are narrow on the back and widest on the sides. Small dark spots commonly occur between crossbands on the back. The unpatterned head is dull orange, copper or rusty-red. Body scales are keeled and the belly is pink or light brown with dark blotches along the sides. When young, a copperhead has a yellow-tipped tail.

Mating takes place in spring and fall and females give birth to 4-8 young in August and September. Adult females usually give birth every two years.

Copperheads prefer rocky, forested hillsides and wetlands for habitat. Wet areas are particularly sought out in the hot summer months. Small mammals and frogs account for most of the prey items taken, but birds, insects and other snakes are also important parts of their diets. When approached, they will either move away quietly or lay motionless, relying on camouflage to protect them. Occasionally, they will vibrate their tails. Bites usually occur when people unknowingly step on or touch unseen snakes. Despite the venomous nature of copperhead bites, they are rarely fatal. In New Jersey, copperheads are so rare and reclusive that people almost never encounter them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)
Description
The timber rattlesnake is a heavy-bodied snake with a broad head that is distinct from its narrow neck. The top of the head is unmarked and usually yellow to light gold in color. Adult timber rattlers average 35 to 50 inches in total length. They have a yellow, brown, rust-orange, or in rare cases gray ground color with black or dark brown crossbands extending along the back. There is a dark brown stripe behind each eye, and there may be a rust-colored middorsal stripe from the neck to the tail. The tail is short and thick, all black, and tipped with a tan rattle. Juvenile timber rattlers are marked like the adults.

Distribution
This species occurs from southern New Hampshire and southern Ontario to northern Georgia, and west to southeastern Minnesota through northeastern Texas. In New Jersey they are generally found in the north-western area of the state or in the pine barrens.

The range of this species has changed little since historical times. However, within their current range, their distribution has become very patchy and fragmented. In fact, this species is considered rare to imperiled in fifteen and in Ontario, and is extirpated from two states.

Habitat
Timber rattlesnakes can typically be found in bluff prairies and oak woodlands in relatively remote areas. They prefer rocky outcrops and open grassy areas with southerly exposures in the spring and fall. During the summer, they inhabit deciduous forests and open valleys. Rock fissures and crevices provide communal dens for overwintering

Timber rattlesnakes are not a major threat to humans and livestock. This snake has a secretive nature and prefers those areas that are mostly unused by humans. Timber rattlers prefer to remain quiet, relying on their cryptic coloration to go unnoticed. They often are reluctant to rattle, preferring not to call attention to themselves. This rattlesnake is notably docile unless provoked or unless going through a molting cycle, which impairs their vision. They can be defensive if disturbed and will bite.

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Lets call a spade a spade Adam, The handful of people that frequent this site and actually contribute can hardly be called ALOT of people..
You are absolutely correct that people should be aware, and any snake should be avoided.
Now on to the scientific aspect. The tristate area is host to 23 species of snakes. 2 of them reported as being the cotton mouth and the timber rattler. Both of them reported on our south western border. There is no doubt that they can crossover and live here, but that there are huge numbers of them is speculation.
In that list of 21 snakes, 50 percent of them can pass as a copperhead, look wise. 98 percent of them rattle their tails like a rattle snake, Even without the rattle it still sounds like one.
& to the non educated(and I mean on reptiles) 100 percent of them look poisonous. Its common for snakes to mmic snakes that are poisonous in order to survive. I have been herping(reptile hunting) for as long as I can remember and all over this state and never have come across a single venomous specimen.
Until I SEE one and confirm it is venomous I will remain a non believer. I will tell you what I have seen....PEOPLE including officals unable to discern a venomous snake from a non. Many fisherman have i watched kill a snake, and revel in their killing of a water snake, while in their minds they believe and to everyone else that doesnt know better it was a copperhead. The eastern milk snake a common snake found all over our range has been getting confused with the cottonmouth since colonial times. The common water snake inhabits the same area and is a dead ringer for a water moccasin in every aspect.
I could go on but its pointless. It all boils down to snakes strike fear in people who dont know better.
Adam if you could get me some snake sighting locals or what lakes they have been spotted in or around Ramapo, I would make it a point to go out there and see what I can find and do some fishing..

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:59 pm

This guy is nuts...but at least im not the only one.
http://youtu.be/f0DP8qBzngI

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Thats's INSAAAAAAAANE ! Much props to ur buddy , I flinched like 5 times just watching that from my monitor ..lol

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:14 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links