lets talk what we need to do next season what we need to change so we can get better numbers of fish less skunk days and we all have them

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 am

I need to stop drinkin Nyquil before washing my Van , I dont even have a Van ... I need to stop going with whats comfortable n try new things . I caught a few fish doing things a certain way , tryin to catch a few more this time n fish get hip to ish js like we do . Baitcasting will be my next feat ...

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm a firm believer in live, fresh, natural and weird baits. Think outside the box.
I've cut up deer livers into worm like strips and had good results. (Fresh & Saltwater)
I've used the small muscle hinge from cooked mussels for pan fish.
I’ve used Chinese freeze dried shrimp and caught a 4 pound small mouth bass.
I’ve used hotdog chunks soaked in maple syrup for catfish.
I’ve used cheese balls for trout.
I’ve used fluke and sea robin bellies cut into strips for saltwater fishing.
I’ve used every type of crab.
I’ve used sea snails, but had no luck.

What weird stuff have you used for bait Question

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

The closest I get to natural baits are a second pole with a bobber and live dorsal hooked bluegill or worms when I take the kids out.
As for artificial, I am the guy who buys into all the newest and crazy weird expensive baits at shows and online. After years of spending money on these I always go back to the same bait and it always produces. I am not going to discredit trying new things,but if its not broken why fix it.
Last season I had luck with a shaky head jig with a big show paddle tail worm(finesse tactic)on a spinning rod, I first practiced with it in my 55 gallon fish tank on some line just to see what a fish sees and it looks and works great, I had the same result with a zoom alabama trick worm rigged the same way. Next season I am using a baby turtle soft plastic I just got, I will keep you guys posted. Anybody use an umbrella rig in freshwater yet?

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm

i think its going to be a ok year for me will get back to fishing the way i once did alone so much better for me no people to get in my way and that is just fine with me Go Fish Go Fish

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links