Hey everyone, I'm looking for a place to go not too terribly far from Mt. Holly, to catch some bass with my little girl. She is 7 so preferably some place that has a dock or clean access to the water. We have been going to Smithville but spend the day out there and catch nothing but sunshine, which for a 7 year old is not much fun. Thanks for your help.

Wayne Trojanowski

Posted Wed May 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Try just about any pond lake or stream. Try fishing a bobber, with a few split shot. Use size 6 bait holder, or a long shank size 6. Use worms, night crawlers, or crickets. You could try some type of bread or dough, but it can be hard to keep if you haven't used it before. Good luck.

Posted Wed May 29, 2013 3:11 pm

It might be a little far probably 30min from Mt. Holly but there's a nice little spot called Lion Lake in Voorhees off of Rt 73 near the new hospital. it comes up if you googlemap it. Good thing about it is there's a playground right in the same area so if she gets bored there ya go. I caught a couple bass some sunnys and a few pickrel there. There is a nice size concrete dock too.

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 12:36 pm

I have'nt fished these waters, but they are all in your area.

Woolman Lake
Buttonwood Lake
Smithville Dam
Powers Run
Carslake Pond
Rancocas Creek
Masons Creek

Good luck!

Posted Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:30 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links