Went out a few times this week since the weather was nice. Not a carp... not even a run.... it was great to get out in December.. and I did catch a catfish.. but I'm thinking that carp fishing in cold weather isnt very productive... I was told that they school up and dont move much.. yes, they still eat, but finding them is the challenge.... I will be spending my winter time checking out new spots I've found on the map for this spring... I'm intent on finding some areas on the Delaware River where I know there are monsters living. My goal is still 20+ pounds... which I am totally confident I'll catch this spring... then the goal moves to 30 pounds... well, tight lines everyone.... spread the word on carping... people just dont know what they are missing here.. just like myself for all these years.... but now... Im hooked!

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 pm

My dad used to carp fish in the Delaware, I remember him catching very large ones. Wish I could tell you where but I was just a kid and dad has passed on.

Hope you get that 20lber sooner then later.

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:48 pm

thanks for trying to help bro... sorry to hear bout your Dad... yea, I know there are monsters in there... I've seen guys catch them upwards of 30+ pounds but I dont know where on the bank to go... I've been google map checking the banks on the Jersey side below the WW Bridge and have a few spots I will scope out for the spring... and NO... I didnt land a 20 pounder, but I did catch one at 16.5.... close but no cigar... I'll get one in the spring...!

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:53 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links