We are starting a new Group dedicated to carp fishing in NJ, especially the South Jersey Area. Carp fishing is gaining popularity in the US and this species is becoming know to anglers as a true game fish. The group will be showcasing different baits, methods, rigs, equipment, and places to fish. Sponsoring the "catch and release" idea for this fish. The fight this fish puts up is unmatched in FW. Also, the possibility of catching fish upwards of 30 pounds is unique in the FW world in NJ. We are looking forward to imput and suggestions from all anglers... Join us in this venture... thanks!

By the way.... this group is for beginners as well as experts!
GROUP NAME - CARPING IN SOUTH JERSEY

Last edited by mab1212 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:38 pm

It sounds like it will be a interesting club join. By the way what is the clubs name so we can check out the site? Good luck with the club.

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 pm

You can find the new group under:

CARPING IN SOUTH JERSEY

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Question for you. Do carp bite year round? I've only caught them during warm weather, mainly during the late spring to early fall.

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 am

Yes carp do bite all year round but the slow down during the winter months and they become more picky about what they eat and don't travel as much to feed aka they get lazy. Laughing My dad just caught a 16.5 lb carp this last Saturday, i know we are still in fall but still lol.

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Yup-- he is right above... One tip though... as the weather/water cools down they tend to feed heavily in preparation for the slowdown during the winter months....

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Just joined Mike!

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:35 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links