Fished this lake hard a couple of days last week. I consider myself to be an adequate angler and more times then not I bag a bass or two most times out, however I could not get a nibble at this lake. I was told that this lake is well stocked with Large Mouth Bass? If they are in there they are the most docile and hard to find fish I have ever encountered. Anyone have any local knowledge or advice for me?

Stumped & Skunked,

Thanks, Tony J Confused

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 10:48 am

Try wacky rigged stick worms in multiple colors from 3-6 inches. If that does not work, try a rattling and non rattling square bill crank bait. A spinnerbait is always worth a try, as is the gulp 4 inch minnow, or 5 inch jerk shad rigged weightless, on a 2/0 EWG worm hook. Good luck and tight lines.

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 10:47 am

There are HUGE HUGE BASS in this place. I have never fished the biggest lake, i park near the baseball fields and there are some canal like lakes/ponds along the trials and i have seen 4-6 pound bass cruising along the shoreline on these back ponds. Haven't been here this spring, but got a nice pikerel feb. I'll let you know when i go here next tuesday what i find/catch

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links