Anyone goin out to see the pros coming up on the Delaware? This is the first time a major bass fishing event has been held on the Delaware. Weigh ins are at 3:30 at the Great Plaza in Penns Landing. Come and support your favorite anglers! Lets go iaconelli!!!! FOr more info click on the link: http://www.bassmaster.com/attend-elite-delaware-river

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Unfortunately I don't think this ws the best choice for a Bassmaster Elite series spot .. I haven't heard of much , size wise , coming from that far down the Delaware .. Not to mention its spitting distance from easily the worst part of Nj (Camden) .. Not to be the buzz kill but when I heard it ws in the Delaware I ws happy n thinking of going when I heard where I said maybe I'll js watch this one on TV ..lol No offense to those who are going I am a huge fan but that location could have been better planned out .. Take pics with the Greats if u can get a chance n post em when u can .. Enjoy

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks for the link e-dog! I just might stopover there.... I agree with you bassassassin about camden, i deliver there newark and atl.city and i get in and out asap. I meet some of the nicest people, but you DO NOT want to breakdown in most areas. It's happened to me and nothing happened, but i could see certain people scoping me and my truck out....definitely wouldn't recommend it

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Also, i've never heard of anyone catching largemouths in the river down here, only stripers

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:17 pm

I never heard of any LMB or SMB being caught in the Camden area of the Delaware river, but if you go further up the river towards Trenton. You'll start catching just about everything. I normally only hear of stripers being caught. I quess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm

The point of having it on the Delaware is to weed out the best anglers from the worst. Its certainly not to catch big fish thats for sure. Only the best can figure out how to catch fish in the Delaware river of all places. I think B.A.S.S. was smart to have it here and it will definately be an interesting tournament. And i do agree with the camden part

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Iaconelli is a great angler, i just got his book at the library. Gonna start reading it tonight... hope he wins the tournament! I definitely will try to get to penns landing.

Posted Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Took my youngest on saturday to penns landing last saturday. We saw the boats coming in, saw iaconelli ride by in a golf cart on the way to the weigh in stage. It was pretty awesome. Wish we were there sunday for the final day. Hope they come back soon. The anglers were allowed to fish any creek or waterway that connected to the river.

Posted Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! I wish they did a little more advertizing for the event. I'm in agreement with you and hope they come back soon.

Very Happy

Posted Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:42 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links