Went out saturday in the rowboat and boated 6 bass and 14 pickerel... all in 3.5 hours! Bass ranged from smallest of 2 pounds up to the largest 3.5 pounds... Pickerel were all small... 15 - 18 inches.... Caught most of the fish on frog... but they were hitting just about anything I threw at em.... spinnerbait, rapala, worm, spinner, and jig.... The fish were in very shallow water in the back of the lake I fished... water was 12 to 18 inches deep and choked with weeds.... caught the 3.5 pound bass right up against the shoreline.... took me several trips this year to land my first bucketmouth..... been slaying pickerel, but this was only the second trip I took in the boat... all my other trips were from the bank in several lakes.... all I was catching before today were pickerel... don't get me wrong... I love catching pickerel - they are a viscous species and really ATTACK the lures and put up a great fight... but love to catch bass and was getting a little annoyed I wasnt landing any.... until today! water is warming... bass were all full of eggs.... all released unharmed.... catch and release!!!

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Awesome day out mab! Glad you got some huge bass- i've been out almost everyday, caught alot of small bass. Only got 2 big bass-about 2 pounds each. Got alt of big piks too, but i can't wait until the hogs start getting hooked. Where did you go? Go catch some more! Tight lines dude

Posted Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Sounds like a great trip!. Still looking for my first FISH !!! Way to spank em.

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:11 pm

I'm glad to see that somebody is catching fish. I may have forgotten how to fish.

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:00 pm

jimbuoy

I'm glad to see that somebody is catching fish. I may have forgotten how to fish.

You and I should get together and tell stories of how we used to know how to fish.....LOL

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:08 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links