Yeah. I got skunked a bunch of times before I got one. But I did get them eventually. Never caught a small one either. I've also had epic cat fish sessions inadvertently. All you need is a good sized lead and a tiny bait keeper hook #6 eagle claw. You can Carolina rig or fixed sinker rig. The Europeans get way nuts with their baits and rigs. It's probably because its popular and the pressure keep carp pretty wary of simple baited hook. All my success has been baited hook rather than fancy tied rigs.

Fastest way to get a carp is simple if you have a fishin hole close to home or you pass one on a daily commute. First go to Walmart and get a dozen can of sweet corn. Thats an investment of less than $10. Pick your spot on a bank and throw a can or two of corn along the bank. I just grab handfuls and throw. Continue doing this monday through Friday. Dont do it the same time everyday. This will bring carp to their new honey pot just to see if the yellow gold has fallen friends from the sky. It becomes apart of their swim pattern. Target is Saturday a.m. Get out there and throw less corn than you do when chumming to increase the odds that your single baited kernel gets bit. Get 3 rigs in and wait. This method should get you bites fairly quickly since you've already created a hot spot. Otherwise you go out on Saturday and chum and it could take hours for the carp to make their rounds. Personally I want to catch carp but I don't have huge gaps of free time to sit by the water plus unless you're drinking and cooking with friends it's boring as hell. I usually bring a rod for bass to keep me busy.

These Euro guys go out with $1000s in gear including tents, bite alarms, rod tables...They will sit over night just working the chum. Im not into that idea. The bait bait bait...early morning bait and fish method works like a charm. You just gotta plan ahead.

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:38 pm

If you finally search for carp tackle, there is a Dream Fishing store. There is more carp fishing stuff that in Sahara desert. But better than nothing.

Posted Mon May 04, 2015 10:07 am

crazyfisherman

If you finally search for carp tackle, there is a Dream Fishing store. There is more carp fishing stuff that in Sahara desert. But better than nothing.

I gotta say, I tied pop up rigs and all that jazz before. It's a pain in the ass keeping everything baited up. Carp around here get little to no pressure, so you don't have to get all fancy. #6 hook, 1 oz sinker, some limp braid and a couple cases of corn from Walmart and you're in business. K.I.S.S. Oh and someone to talk too and lots of beer and food.

Posted Wed May 06, 2015 3:25 am

And closer you got to Brooklyn - more pressure, i been fishing for carp years, and lots of European fisherman's do the same. Literally carp everywhere... once i see them in paddle ....

Posted Fri May 08, 2015 8:18 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links