Hit my local spot after work today, but found someone already in the area where I caught fish last week shallow, marked a lot of fish in 8 ft of water, so figured I would give it a shot until they cleared out. WOW, had 6 bass within 20 minutes and ended up with 12 in about an hour and half, nothing really big, but what an awesome time I had. Could actually see the fish chasing schools of baitfish on the finder. Got all on this little crankbait except for one I picked up on a jitterbug....Gotta love trips like this

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Today was our day to shine. I think SJA didn't go fishing today, so we could catch some fish and post them to the site. lol

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Yea, looks like we finally stole a little of his good juju

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Awesome trip chief! Looks like you and jim had great days...some days are extremely frustrating and some are magical. ..you never know when the magic is gonna happen, but when it does-it's fkn fantastic. Nice crankbait

Posted Thu May 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Yea, this was definitely a surprise, i have never had any luck there in the deeper water, but decided i was going to really give it a hard serious try yesterday, but i will credit it to mostly luck, since i had 6 in the first 20 minutes, but hey, i'll take lucky any day

On a side note, when i went to load the canoe the night before, i was hapring on my daughter and asking why she flipped it over. Her response was, why would i, and oh yea, dad, i think there is bear poop in the back yard. Yup, thats bear poop, and now i know where the claw marks on the canoe came from. We have had a bear for about about 6 years now, and she usually doesnt come in the yard much, this year for some reason, she has been around a lot, would let my wife out of the house last week to go to work, while she sat in our front yard eating our garbage, and she is getting VERY BIG, here is a pic of her back when she first showed up, now she is around 400 lbs or more.

Posted Fri May 08, 2015 8:35 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links