I dont profess to know it all.... far from it.... I keep my eyes and ears open all the time and learn every chance I get... I've been bass fishing for 30+ years...and wanted to share some tips I have learned along the way... so here are a few
1. Froggin... when using the new frogs here are some tips that will help you hook more fish.... use pliers to pull the hooks about 1/16th inch away from the frog body. Yes, you may hang a on pads and weeds a few more times... but you will HOOK way more fish than you do now.
2. Trim the long rubber strands in the back of the frog to maybe half the size as they come from the package. You will have many less short strikes.
3. I change all of my crankbait and jerkbait ( all lures with treble hooks) to high quality size 4 treble hooks on the last set of hooks in the back of the lure. You will hook more fish and keep them hooked during the fight.
4. When frogging - if you miss a fish.. immediatly cast out a rubber worm to the explosion spot and work it slowly..
5. Jigs work great in lilly pads. I use a 1/8 or 1/4 ounce jig with a twister tail on the end. Cast it in pads that are sparse and let it drop in the pockets of open water.
6. Use 20 pound test braided line when using the frog and set hook straight up - not sideways after the hit.
7. Don't think water can be too shallow for big bass. Fish laydowns, shaded banks, and banks with structure or weeds in water less than 12 inches... make the casts right up against the shoreline. I have caught many a 5 pounder right up against the bank in water less than 12 inches.
8. Sound travels far in water... make sure you are extremly careful not to drop anything in the boat of make any noise of any kind....

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:36 pm

MAB, Thanks for sharing your personal fishing knowledge and tips.

Posted Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:03 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links