Just wondering your opinion. It seems thebassbarn.com forum has a no spot burning rule. Meaning if you want to post a report you have to be very careful of mentioning anything the could be construed as a location.

Posting something like ' Did really well yesterday with Bluefish in Barnegat Inlet" is a violation of Bass Barn policy.

I think it is ridiculous and am not going to contribute to their forum any more. Just wondering , what your opinion was on this subject.

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 pm

What good is their forum if all you read is "I caught a lot of fish yesterday at a unnamed body of water" To me thats just a simpleton bragging and showing off to let everyone know his the best angler ever.

How much information you provide in your fishing reports is totally up to you. I personally don't pin point my honey holes, but I will state a general location. ie: Sandy hook, Raritan Bay, Round Valley, D&R Canal, party boat name, fishing piers, and might even include the town if it won't give away the exact location.

I don't give out the exact locations, because I put a lot of time in reading fishing reports, my past experiences, studying charts, tide schedules, moon phases, water temp., water conditions, weather conditions, stocking schedules, bait runs, personal & private locations from close angler buddies and just being lucky by being in the right spot at the right time.

I don't mind sharing fishing methods, the type of bait or lures, etc, but I don't just willy dilly give out my or other anglers guarded locations to lazy anglers that won't put the time in themselves.

Thats my opinion on this matter.

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Thanks for your opinion. I will be reporting on this forum with full details of my trips this year.

Posted Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:59 am

One of the reason i stay off so many other spots is this subject, i think it is total BS, if you have a secret spot on a private or maybe unknown body of water, thats one thing, but i fish mostly public bodies of water that anyone can look up on the DNR website. And yes, i get that if a lot of guys post up great results , you will probably see more people showing up, but again, if it's a public waterway, thats the breaks. All in all i am just tired of on so many other sites listening to the opinions of others always criticizing people for what they do or how they do it, I have seen almost none of that on here and have had some fun banter with most of the guys here. and that makes this an enjoyable site in my opinion. Hope it stays that way, this seems to be the last site left like this for NJ.

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:12 am

I am with you! And my main point really was that is was a personal decision whether you share your numbers or not. Otherwise, it smells of censorship. Anyway, if you guys are boaters around Barnegat Inlet I will give you my actual numbers after a trip. I won't tell you where I am going in advance but will certainly report the truth after.

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:49 am

well we all know its bs but sometimes it just not cool to have to many guys in one spot but thats how it goes but i do say this guys pick your trash and dont act a fool and we won get a bad name

Posted Sun May 15, 2016 1:11 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links