I meet pop at the ramp at 6, launch the boat, and he gets a flat on the truck on the ramp, ok, we change that , move the truck. launched at dead lo tide at Keyport, and if you.ve been there you know how lo that is. Pull the boat over to the dock, start er up, and she's not pumping water. picked up a bunch of sand in the tube, pull that apart and get it cleared. Finally on the water by about 8. Not much going on tried off Keyport, then headed out to the hook, did a few drifts, no luck there either. Moved over near the ammo pier and finally hit one, an inch too short though, did a few drifts and picked up a few more shorts, all released. Either way was a great day on the water spent fishing with my pops. No complaints. Did happen to text the wife and told her about the problems, her response was " You guys are the 2 stooges of fishing" Cant really argue that one.

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Great to see that you caught fluke. Any time you can get out to fish is great, but if you're with your dad or other family member, friend, kids only makes it better! Nice pics.

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:27 pm

Happy birthday chief! I pass by keyport off rt. 35 on the way to leonardo on rt. 36 alot. Always wanted to get out there in the bay- i never have time to fish the freshwater spots i see up there, the boss is always calling and telling me i gotta get back for more deliveries......glad you spent time with your dad

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:11 pm

[quote="southjerseyangler"]Happy birthday chief! I pass by keyport off rt. 35 on the way to leonardo on rt. 36 alot. Always wanted to get out there in the bay- i never have time to fish the freshwater spots i see up there, the boss is always calling and telling me i gotta get back for more deliveries......glad you spent time with your dad[/quote

SJA, Thanks for the birthday wish, much appreciated

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIEF! I missed it posted on the site.
Good catch SJA, you forgot to post the pic of your catch. lol

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:29 am

jimbuoy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIEF! I missed it posted on the site.
Good catch SJA, you forgot to post the pic of your catch. lol

Thanks JB, another year closer to constant fishing....LOL

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 pm

I didn't get any keepers opening day, but my brother landed 3 in a row during the heavy rain right as we were heading back.. LUCKY lol

Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:28 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links