GOT OUT ON THE LAKE TWO STRAIGHT DAYS... WATER TEMP WAS 76/77--- MUCH COOLER THAN A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN IT WAS IN THE MID 90'S.... FOUND BASS NEAR SHORELINE, BUT SHORELINE WITH DEEPER WATER NEARBY... EXAMPLE... Shoreline was 2 to 3 feet deep about 10 feet from bank... but dropped off into a deeper hole around 5 to 7 feet deep ten foot away from bank. Caught about 20 bass in the two days,,, no monsters... but 14 "keepers" and the rest dinks, Several of the keepers were in the 2 pound range. All the bass were "fat" with bulging stomachs-- even the dinks. I'm guessing they are starting their fall feed..... Can't wait to the water drops a few more degrees... the hogs should start to feed on the schools of shad and other baitfish... get your jigs ready.......

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Thats awesome, i finally got the canoe in the water yesterday and was hoping for the same results, but got my first skunk of the season,i could not buy a fish yesterday, and yes, water was @ 75. Threw everything in the box at them, also found no baitfish schools which was sort of surprising, might be why i found no fish.

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:27 am

sweet, been doing the same thing. hopped a few ponds with 2 other guys and we gotten about 150 bass on Sunday. all less than 12 inches with a few a tad bit over The whopper plopper from River2Sea was an amazing topwater lure!

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:15 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links