This is the third time in two months that this bear has either destroyed my bird feeders or hit the trash cans. This one is not as big as the one I saw last year, but has been captured twice and has two tags in it's ears. My dog went nose to nose with it and the bear could care less.

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 3:05 pm

I may not be getting out to fish this year, but I'm having fun with the black bears visiting at my house. So far there are no repeat visitors. They are all different in size, colorization and tags and temperment. This is a pic of the last one to visit.

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 am

I'm still not fishing, but taking pics of bears in my yard. I went from one bear at a time to two bears showing up together to hit the trash can.

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 am

Things have now gotten out of hand! The damm bear showed up a little after midnight, last night and knocked over my daughter's pet rabbit cage, moved it approx. 8 feet, ripped the bottom out and killed the rabbit. Fish & Game are finally going set up a trap to catch it and relocate it to a different area.
We don’t mind the native untagged bears, because they just wander through. The bears that are tagged two to three times are the trouble makers and are not afraid of people or dogs.

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:26 pm

I am saddened and sorry to hear about your daughter's rabbit .. That's crazy stuff .. Poor bastard , maybe he got away .. Atleast maybe that's what u told your daughter atleast .. Hope they help you out with that .. I love animals , but somebody needs to put that bear on a serious time out ...

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. My daughter will really appreciate it, especially because it is coming from someone other than her mom and pop. The bad news is, the rabbit aka “JB” didn't make it. Unfortunately it was my daughter who discovered the mayhem and the departed “JB” nearby. We think she scared off the bear when she ran outside to see what happened to the rabbit hutch. Thanks again!

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:05 pm

This is what the bear trap looks like. The State F&G just delivered it today. I hope it works!!!!!

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:12 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links