Note: Sorry for the music... i had audio problems with many of the vids, so i decided to cut it and just play some EDM techno monkey junky..

Wow this was an over due video that I had sitting on the side. Decided to finish it up, but the trip was awesome! Went up to Round Valley Reservoir to troll for trout. Goal was to get some lakers, but they didn't bite that day. but instead, we boated up to a dozen rainbows, 3 tagged ones! First one looked like a steelhead, weighing 5 lbs. the Last one where I reeled one up, the trout had this cool cobalt blue tint on it! must be a mutation, but very very cool! Check it out Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAUdhSH1RDQ

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Great video! RVR is a fantastic place to fish, from boat or shore line. I used to fish there with my father and we always had real good results with trout, bass & catfish. When I used to dive there I saw an eel the thickness of a one pound coffee can. I don't know if it was the same eel, but a few weeks later someone caught an eel and it was NJ state record. By the way the music wasn't that bad, due to the nice fish. lol

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:50 pm

jimbuoy

Great video! RVR is a fantastic place to fish, from boat or shore line. I used to fish there with my father and we always had real good results with trout, bass & catfish. When I used to dive there I saw an eel the thickness of a one pound coffee can. I don't know if it was the same eel, but a few weeks later someone caught an eel and it was NJ state record. By the way the music wasn't that bad, due to the nice fish. lol

Thanks man and dude that's a thick eel. I wonder how crazy that fish fought lol

I heard about night time fishing where things hit and the line will break off. Wonder what they were.? Cats? Eels?

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 am

There are cats, eels. I knorw cacase I've caught them there. I haven't fished there in a while, but fishing at night is great. If you can find an old map/chart of RVR, it shows the old roads, stone walls and foundations. "Stucture"

If you use crawfish for bait. Drop a trap in the dam's stones. Its loaded with them.

When I used to dive there, I would find anchors, rods, opened beach umbrella, brand new boxed tent, down rigger balls, lures camping pots, cases of beer just to name a few things. I had to report what I recovered to the Rangers, in case someone reported loosing it.

I was permitted to dive around the Rangers dock and under it were snapping turtles, sunfish and small mouth bass. the sunfish and bass would school and follow me for a short distance. I would wiggle my finger or spray some cheese wiz and they would nip at my finger tips.

You brought back some good memories for me.

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:24 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links