I'm planning a trip this coming weekend for my kids. Looking to camp in a tent next to a fishing spot. Any suggestions for places to go? There are 9 of us, plus a dog. Anywhere in NJ will be fine...

Posted Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:08 pm

mjbavaro

I'm planning a trip this coming weekend for my kids. Looking to camp in a tent next to a fishing spot. Any suggestions for places to go? There are 9 of us, plus a dog. Anywhere in NJ will be fine...

I was going to tell you to try Bull’s Island, but it doesn’t permit camping any more.
So, try the link below

https://www.visitnj.org/nj/hotels-lodging/campgrounds-rv-parks?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NJ-Outdoors#1|8||32,1240|||||||one-time||

Don’t wait too long before registering, because sites fill up fast. Good luck!

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:04 am

Try Spruce run Res. Last time i looked , camping spots were 5 bucks. and it's right on the water, they used to have rental boats, but dont know if thats still open.

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:47 pm

i heard some glamping spots in south NJ cost a pretty penny, but they can have some insane fishing early in the camping season because no one can get on the private lakes until camp starts. I have messaged plenty of them to get on the property during colder season to fish but i was declined by every single one. So perhaps fishing is still good because it's less pressured?

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links