Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and grew up fishing with my father. Over the years I have been in the military and am now disabled. My daughter is raising her son with the help of our family (my mother, my wife and I, our 4 daughters and our grandson). I would like to teach and instill the love of fishing I received from my father to my grandson (his father does not want anything to do with him). Looking for an inexpensive kayak or boat to be able to take my grandson out on the water fishing. Any help locating would be greatly appreciated as I am on gov't disability.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:03 am

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Try looking on craigslist in your area, sometimes they have good deals or free items.

Posted Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:33 am

As a kayak angler, i am biased and will choose a kayak over anything else.

But anytime you are taking kids out, it's best to be on a boat. there are tandem kayaks, but it's going to be hard to help your grand kids due to positioning. if he's older and self sufficient, then it will be okay.

Also kayaks at that size are hard to lift solo onto the roof. So if you are going to get a trailer, it might as well be a simple jon boat with a battery, trolling motor and chart plotter and you should be good to go for many types of water!

Thank you for your service and good luck!

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:47 am

Thank you for your help. My grandson is 7. I look forward to spending time with him fishing. Even going to NYC for crabbing. I just want to see his face when he catches a nice fish and lands it himself. I will take your comments into consideration and appreciate them. Anyone else with thoughts please chime in.

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Thank you for your help. My grandson is 7. I look forward to spending time with him fishing. Even going to NYC for crabbing. I just want to see his face when he catches a nice fish and lands it himself. I will take your comments into consideration and appreciate them. Anyone else with thoughts please chime in.

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:48 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links