I went out twice against my surgeons and physical therapists advice the lure of standing at the edge of the water was too great n I ws using the Nano 10lb so less effort n thus less stress on the shoulder .. None caught but had a nice big bite in the sun hit shallows in some submerged brush but lost em .. Then it got cold n rainy n now weather is gettin warmer again ..

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

Same here, went out last Wednesday, not a bite, water temp was only 40. Hoping with these last few days to see a little warm up, going to try again Sunday morning

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:02 am

Caught my first 4 bass of the year today. I messed up one of the pics but it was a great day, Had a 1 1/2 pound, 3,4 and 5.

Caught them all on a jerk bait. Here is a pic of the largest, this is against my size 10 foot.

Last edited by johnsobo on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

seriously nice fish dude, i envy you, ive only caught a few dinks, but then again i havnt really done much bass fishing cause the crappie have finally started bighting really well.

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Had a great day myself today... caught 22 pickerel... and 8 bass.... up to 4 pounds..... caught all the fish right up against shoreline... in less than a foot of water under some type of stucture.. overhanging limbs.... awesome day...

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Sweet fish well done

Posted Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah I've gotten into some fish, fished a local pond last weekend and got a bunch on rattletraps, during the week I went out twice, I hit farrington from the shore and actually got one on a senko, farrington is filled with trout right now so i caught like 15 of those, the next day I went out on the boat in farrington and picked up 4 pickerel and 6 bass on crankbaits and chatterbaits, had a tournament at farrington yesterday and came in third with a 3 fish bag

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:51 am

bass are full force now around me, not quite summer active yet, but really close, been catching them on carolina rigs, top water, and wacky worms.

Posted Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:50 pm

catching bass allover the place - the waters warming and they are hitting spinners, jitterbugs, rooster tails and senko worms. Have gotten a few in spots where i got alot of pikerels last year - i guess they moved in on their territory

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links