Well, its been COLD for a long enough time now an for the ice to be safe this year, So have any of you die hard anglers been out fishing thu the ice! I attempted to give it a try, but frozen and broken water pipes prevented this from happening. I had all of the right eliments, water, ice, cold, but no fish in those damm pipes. lol When I was younger I used to set up the tip ups and skate around. Now if I ever get out it will be in a portable shelter with heat and the dog. Depending where I fished I would catch perch, pickerel and a occassinal trout.

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 am

I used to ice fish back in the day... had some good results with yellow perch and pickerel.... but I just cant deal with the cold anymore... so like most... I'm waiting for the ice to melt and some warmer weather.... BUT--- several of my friends have been out many times this winter and have done well... crappie... perch... pickerel... and a few bass have been caught through the ice... just not for me....lol

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Not me its too damm COLD! I'm not as young as I used to be. lol

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 am

been out probably around ten times this season, good ice for a long while now, and we'll still have it for a while. Decent year on the ice so far, a lot better than last year, I've caught a healthy mix of yellow perch, bluegill, pickerel, and even two big channel cats through the ice... surprisingly no bass or even crappie so far. Went up north a few weeks ago and snapped off a big musky on my jigging rod about a half hour into the fight, that wouldve been nice.

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm glad to see that someone can withstand the cold and get out and catch fish! Its nice to be young. lol By the way where have you been hiding? You have been posting in a while. Your fish pics are really nice.

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Yeah I've been absent for a while but certainly not due to a lack of fishing. If anything I'm fishing more now lol. I'm into tournament fishing big now with B.A.S.S. and have even picked up some sponsors on the way. I'm trying to actually make some kind of a career out of this. Also I just posted a few pictures today actually and I'm sure I'll post a few more over the next couple days.

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Glad to hear that you've been fishing and plan on taking it to the next level. When you hit it big time, don't forget your early suporters.
Good luck!

Posted Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:41 am

Ice fishing paying off! Yesterday we got into some nice lakers, this is the best of the day.

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Way to go!!!!
Your making me feel old and lazy, because I can't brave the cool. You keep catching fish like this and you'll do good in the Bass Tournaments.

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:08 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links