What type of bait do you use for bass??

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:23 pm

anyone?!?!?!?

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 am

I use a safetypin spinner with a powerbait worm attached and it worked pretty well

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:03 pm

What lures to use depends so much on conditions... water temp... time of day... wind... water clarity... structure you are fishing... depth... so many more variables affect what the bass are feeding on... I suggest you get some magazines or go online to learn the habits off bass and what works during different conditions... even then there are those days where the bite is just not on... several of the lures mentioned above are proven winners... spinnerbait, plastic worms, swimbaits, crankbaits, and jerkbaits all have been successful..... if its live bait you want to try... shinners make incredible results....

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Like everyone is saying, depends on many factors, but i do have a few baits that consistently produce, and they are plastic worms, usually in darker colors, and white or chartreuse spinnerbaits. The spinnerbaits were on fire for me last season. I caught around 75% of my bass on it ( them) went through a few last year.

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 pm

Been catching them on a whitehaired rostertail, a white or blue and yellow spinnerbait for years. Once the water warms up i use some plastic worms or the good old reliable jitterbug-i have some poppers and crankbaits, but i only use them when nothing else is working.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links