I'm new to the site and would like to get some input. So, here is the backstory. I'm from Pennsylvania and do a lot of fishing here at home. I planned a trip last year to Canada to make a return trip to Weslemkoon lake for my son and bunch of his friends as a graduation gift. We obviously didn't go do to the boarder being closed. So, we went to Cranberry lake in NY instead. Had a great time so I'm planning on doing something again this year. I have been doing some reading and Maine is really where I want to go. we are interested in mostly bass, but if we can catch a few northerns that would be a bonus. I'm not focused on catching the biggest bass, but rather as many as possible. We're not greedy since we do all catch and release, but moreover I just want to go and have lots of action. Then again who doesn't. I'm looking for a lake and I don't care how remote. Last year in NY we boated to an island and camped for the week. We had a great time, but wished the fishing was a bit better. All the guys are 19-20 years old except me (47) and avid anglers, so we don't fish like you would if you had kids in the boat. We would all be fishing from boats. Our timeframe is either last week of July or first week of August. Any lake names and perhaps why that is a good bass fishing lake would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 pm

I say head south. anything in Florida is great. But if ya'll want a trip of a lifetime get down to mexico ! lake Baccarac would be my first choice ,, el salto would also be great

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:45 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links