What are the best places to fish for trout in NJ? Like where do you get the most bites?? And with what type of bait do you use??

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 pm

anyone?!?!?!??!??!

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 am

I like the South Branch Raritan River. Anywhere from Flanders to High Bridge. Try not to fish when the water temp is over 70'. Check the NJF&W web page for more places to fish. The fall stocking schedule should be posted soon.

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 am

i also vote for the south branch of the raritan. lots of different structure and water . meal worms when i bait and cp swing, mepps alga, also very small rapala in rainbow trout. been having some luck w/ plastic grubs when water is cloudy. lots of stockers, big browns, and good small mouth population.

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Grenloc lake wax worms, blue fox vibrax spinner gold color,yellow power bait, rainbow power bait Minnows. good old regular worms Oak Pond, Rowand Pond and Hammonton lake same type of baits.rainbow trout big browns in Grenloc and Rowand Pond.

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Try the Musconetcong River, Rockaway River, or the Pequannock River. All of them have produced some real nice trout. I have caught them on small spinners at all locations. Just be careful, sometimes people will try to say you can't fish on these rivers because they don't want anyone catching all the big ones. I just ignore them and tell them to call the cops on me!

Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links