Just wondering what, if any, action is going on this season in regards to carp fishing.... We are in the middle of summer, and carp should be in full swing.... would love to hear about some success stories ... and details on where and what baits were used... thanks...

Posted Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Hey Buddy,
I have had a few successful trips in Smithville. I haven’t been able to fish much lately since my shift at work has changed, but I have been out on a few weekend trips. I haven’t caught any double digit fish yet, but I have caught at least 3 carp so far. My first trip I was getting a bunch of takes but everything was breaking off in the Lilly pads, but I caught one. I was using corn, just chummed the water from time to time little and often kept them on my spot. Trip two same bait, method had one break off and caught one. I started placing the tail rubber about half way, on the lead clip system because of the snags (learned from trip one lol). My third trip just caught one, no breaks or hook pulls, same method but I was using Korda Banoffe slow sinking Maize, corn wasn’t staying on the hair.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:21 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links