Am I being too optimistic? I think this winter blast will help to set up a nice cod run for New Jersey this year. I will be heading out next weekend and will post back.

Stay warm in the meantime and keep an eye on the action along with all
http://njsaltfish.com

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:04 am

Never fished for Cod. Would like to try it.
It must be cooooollllld

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Yeh, April can be cold but as long as the sun is out, it is never cold on my boat. I have a surround and it let's sun in like a green house.
You don't have to go too far really to catch them. We caught cod 5 miles from the inlet on the fourth of July a couple of years ago.

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:59 pm

If your looking for a fishing buddy, shoot me and e-mail when you think your planning to go. I never fished for cod, so what type of rod & reel, rigs, bait, line and sinkers do you use? Where do you launch from?

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:29 pm

jimbuoy

If your looking for a fishing buddy, shoot me and e-mail when you think your planning to go. I never fished for cod, so what type of rod & reel, rigs, bait, line and sinkers do you use? Where do you launch from?

I`ve never fished for them myself but I can tell you this much. They use heavier equiptment for Cod because they use lots of lead and if I can remember the article I read last year correctly you`ll need about 40 to 50 lb line. I also remember reading they are not very good fighters either and using the heavier tackle really takes any sport out of it.

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:28 pm

Few decent cod fish came up on Saturday on the Ocean Explorer

Posted Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:20 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links