Was out trying to catch prespawn bass using Megabass Okashira Screwhead jigs. Note that the 1/16th oz have 3/0 hooks and i was using 3" swimbaits, the entire length is about 3.5" and was slaying ton of crappies!

HUGE CRAPPIES

I think the video will speak for itself but man I had a blast!

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Really huge crappies! I see you went from the chain stringer to the fish basket. You find and fish some of the most productive and beautiful bodies of water.

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:52 am

thx Jim, yeah i went to the basket because it's more of a live well. i can keep them alive for a long time so i can do a nice photo on the deck and then release them all later Razz

I travel here and there, some of my better spots NEVER make it onto social media.. Such as my snakehead fishing spots lol

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:31 pm

I don't blame you for keeping a few secret honey holes, these spots are normally well earned. I do believe that you did put out a video of you catching snakeheads, but that might not be your special spot for them. Shhh, I’ll keep it to myself.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 am

yeah those snakehead spots that i have shared on my channel are pretty much well known to the locals. There are plenty of other swampy areas that I have chosen not to share.

Unfortunately, those spots have been found recently and became so hot that the police are now patrolling the area since it involves a bit of trespassing...

Before it was no issue but now it is, so I don't really go there anymore since they added a ton of signs too

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Normally the best fishing spots involve a little bit of trespassing and being in stealth mode. Unfortunately, good spots like these get ruined by the obnoxious kind who create problems and trash the place, ruining it for everyone else.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:45 pm

it's very true, the trash and the terrible attitude when asked to leave ends the fun for everyone!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:27 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links