hello fellow anglers, hope winters treating you well. just wondering how many of you fish for crappie. Crappie are personally my favorite fish, and I'm intersted in hearing how you all fish for them.

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 pm

I either use little tubes on 1/8 jig heads under bridges or in holes and bounce it back to the boat or 1/16 jig heads around weed lines and bushes.

Occasionally I will use little 2' grubs and swim them through openings in lilly pads.

You?

Posted Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:37 pm

I have used worms, crickets, thin strips of liver or clam either bouncing them off the bottom or floating a bobber around structures and cover. I also have used the soft grub.

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:06 pm

i spider rig with lake fork tackle boot tail shad, i also use minnows, and i flip around cover with 1/8 oz road runner jigs, with strike king jokers.

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Hey Crappieking.... I used to fish for crappie years ago and had incredible success at the Dam below Rainbow Lake in Cumberland County... I dont know where you live but during the spring spawn, this spot was off the chart.... I have to be honest with you... I havent fished it in about 25 years..... but I am going to give it a shot this spring.... I would catch up to 20 plus crappie... but some of them were pretty nice size... I caught a few over two pounds and many over a pound... I used to use night crawlers with small bobbers and let it drift down from the dam into the eddys.... Ill post my success when I get there in another month....

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm

well you might see me there, its always worth a shot to try out new spots, and i have had a lot of success in and around dams for crappie, no idea why

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

went to lake Hopatcong on Sunday. 0 Bass but switched over to Crappie fishing for the last hour and half and my friend and I pulled out about 12 crappie each. He was using multi colored 1in tube and I was on a translucent green 2in grub. We were both letting the lure hit bottom then bouncing them back to the boat.

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:26 am

yea, i finally went put to a local pond and pulled up a few crappie, nothing bog yet though, there still a little deep.

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Lucky man. I still cant seem to get out there yet.
Been sick for the last two weeks or I would have gone.
Any fish is a good fish even if they are not big.

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:33 pm

went out today caught 33, 17 were keepers including some nice 10+ inch white crappie, there finally out, also saw a guy land a real nice bass, ive only caught a couple small bass, nothing big yet.

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:19 pm

crappieking

went out today caught 33, 17 were keepers including some nice 10+ inch white crappie, there finally out, also saw a guy land a real nice bass, ive only caught a couple small bass, nothing big yet.

33! damn nice way to spend the day.

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links