Hit the D&R yesterday with Pop, bass were very tight lipped, did manage 2 but together they didnt equal a keeper. We each did manage a pickerel, and Pops was a good one. Hope to do better next week.

Posted Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:57 am

Hey crewchief, what part of the d n r canal did you go to? I went 2 weeks ago after a delivery in trenton. Just off of rt.1 near rt. 295, it was really narrow. Had a few bites, but nothing got hooked.

Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:55 pm

We fish it in Princeton, at canal Park, it is right behind Carnegie Lake. Good spot, for some reason doesnt get all weeded up like the rest of the canal....And we usually do quite a bit better there.

Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you for the info, i am going to try to get up there this or next weekend.

Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm

I do not have a boat...you answered my next question, about fishing from the bank. Don't know when I'll be getting up there with little league fall ball starting, might drive by while on deliveries. I will let you know when i get up that way.

Last edited by southjerseyangler on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Do you have a boat? We usually use a 14' john boat with a trolling motor, or if i am by myself, a canoe. Not really much fish able bank there. Anyway, Good luck and post how you make out.

Posted Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:50 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links