I have been fishing Penbyrn lake... with depths to 35 feet... most of the depth is 15 to 20 feet... a few feet off the shoreline it drops down.... Caught plenty of bass, but mostly small ( 12 inches ) ones. Caught a few around 2 pounds... most bass caught in 15 to 20 feet of water. Tried the "drop shot" rig for the first time and caught many bass on it, but agaiin, smaller bass. I hear there are some big fish in this lake but I didnt catch any. Will continue to fish here; it really provides a very different challenge than south jersey lakes. Water is clear to 15 feet. Used my depth finder to find several underwater islands around 10 ft deep surrounded by 25 feet of water, but didnt catch anything there. I have to believe those spots hold some big fish at times. Need to fo to one of my "normal" SJ lakes, cause I miss using the frog and shallow water lures... but I'll be back.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 pm

What bait are you using on the dropshot rig, I have a similar lake here, want to try that method in the deeper water also, thanks for the tip

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 pm

I use a senko worm... 6 inch.... check you tube for how to rig it... I rig it thru the head... hard to explain , but you tube will show you how.... good luck.

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:14 pm

with MAB. I was planning on sending this to you sooner, but didn't get a chance to. Here is a pretty good video on the drop shot rig.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhQA8dP9b9E

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:19 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links